Having just installed some new Bluetooth software, I was left with a “My Bluetooth Places” icon on my desktop. And you can’t delete it as you would with other icons.
But there are two methods of getting rid of it (these apply to Windows XP)…
- Use Tweak UI – under the “Desktop” you can untick the “My Bluetooth Places” icon.
- Use the “Clean Desktop” option…
- Right click on your desktop and select “Properties”.
- Select the “Desktop” tab and click on the “Customise Desktop” button.
- Click the “Clean Desktop” button at the bottom, click “Next” and select “My Bluetooth Places” in the list that appears.
- Click “Next” again and then “Finish”.
- The icon will be moved to it’s own “unused icons” folder on the desktop which can now be deleted.